Thursday, February 23, 2017

Man sets up brother for robbery over money from land sale

Akure—A 21-year-old robbery suspect, Dayo Adegbohun, allegedly arranged the robbery of his brother for refusing to part with a reasonable amount of money from the sale of a family land, in Okitipupa area of Ondo State

Adegbohun, a generator repairer, was one of the 15 robbery suspects paraded by the state Police Command in Akure, yesterday. Speaking with newsmen, the suspect Adegbohun lamented that the victim gave him a telephone worth only N4,000 from the sale of family land worth N1.4 million. It was learned that he was given N100,000 from the N780,000 stolen from his brother’s apartment.

According to the suspect, his brother who sold the family land had earlier agreed to set him up after the sale of the land, but reneged. The suspect said he was pissed off because it was his brother that encouraged him to learn the trade, only to snub him when the land was eventually sold. According to him, “my brother told me not to go back to Lagos that he will establish a shop for me. I followed him to sell a family land.

“Instead of giving me money to establish the shop, he took me to Okitipupa and bought a phone for me. “I told my friends that my brother has cheated me. I told them to get my own share of the money for me. “The total amount of money with him was N1.4 million. But I told them to collect only half of the money. I told them not to kill him because he is my blood brother.”

His accomplice, Sola Ogunyemi, confirmed that they were contacted by Adegbohun “to help rob his brother because he was cheated after a parcel of family land was sold. Ogunyemi, who claimed to be ex-convict, said he robbed the brother and shared the money among the gang members.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yamaha Musical Equipment

Yamaha Musical Equipment
Yamaha Musical Equipment