Thursday, February 23, 2017

How female lawmaker saved the life of innocent man, shot, paraded, left to die by Nigeria Police

By Godday Odidi----The Federal House of Representatives member, representing Ajeromi-Ifelodun constituency, Hon.Barr Rita Orji, recently  saved an innocent man from untimely death.
 Mr Ochugor Paul, a professional welder was shot by men of the Nigerian Police during a raid and locked up in a hidden cell, left to die.  The lawmaker's quick response saved Mr.Ochugor Paul's life.
In a chat with Mr Godday Odidi in Ajegunle, the lawmaker said, " I got this sudden news from my chief security officer, who briefed me on the incident while I was empowering some widows in my constituency office. The news came to me as a shock when I learnt that Ochugor was killed by SARs from Ikeja, claiming he was a die-hard criminal in Ajegunle. In a bid to confirm the veracity of the sad news, I abruptly left the empowerment programme to pay a visit to the victim’s home.

According to the mother who narrated her own side of the story with tears, said on the 5th of January, 2017, my son took his credentials to Agugu street to photocopy for a job he applied for at Apapa. While inside the copy center, he saw some SARs men from Ikeja with their van shooting sporadically while parading two suspected armed-robbers. A stray bullet hit my son and he fell flat on the ground. "
" The police on seeing what happened quickly carried him away as one of the criminals paraded."
Mr Ochugor Paul, the victim, said that on the fateful evening, "I informed my mother that I was going to Agugu street to photocopy my credentials for a welding job I applied for at Apapa.  While at the business centre, I saw some SARS shooting sporadically and making some arrests, within seconds I was hit by a stray-bullet.
"Few minutes later, I opened my eyes only to see myself in the SARS van where they thought I was dead and were making some spurious allegations on what to tell their boss about me."
"I struggled to open my eyes and one of the officers noticed my movements."
"They afterwards took me to their station and dumped me there without medical attention or food and they later took me to the general hospital at Lagos. At the hospital, I begged one of the nurses to give me her ‘cell phone to reach my mother and that was how my mother knew I was still alive.
Hon.Rita Orji immediately stormed the Ajeromi police station with her entourage to lay her complain to the DPO,Mr.Robinson Eregare,though the police admitted that he was duly informed by SARS to comb out some suspected notorious criminals in Agugu street but never knew that they mistakenly shot an innocent young man while carrying out their operation. I would reach their boss, he pleaded.
Hon Orji was able to facilitate the release of the innocent man and promptly moved him to a private hospital for further treatment.
 “It is sad that our security operatives could target an innocent young man as a thief without investigation. It was alleged by the police officers that the young man was a thief without any proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yamaha Musical Equipment

Yamaha Musical Equipment
Yamaha Musical Equipment