Saturday, September 3, 2016

Rohr: Mikel Is A Natural Leader, Exceptional Captain

 Mikel Obi
New Super Eagles handler Gernot Rohr has declared that he has been very impressed with the attitude of team captain Mikel Obi since taking over the job.

The German spoke glowingly of Mikel’s leadership ability and declared his readiness to make the Chelsea star his captain over and over again.
“Mikel is a natural leader,” Rohr said here in Uyo on Thursday as the team prepared for their Africa Cup of Nationsqualifier against Tanzania.
“His experience and leadership is exceptional. I saw him play at the Olympics and I’m sure I want him to continue as my captain. He spoke with me on the phone and he’s here again when he should be resting from the rigours of the Olympics.”
The former Mena of Niger coach also expressed happiness at the attitude of his younger players with the hope that they break into the main squad sooner than later.

He said: “Its a new beginning. I see the hunger in the younger players. I see belief and I’m happy to lead. I’m confident we’ll make it to the World Cup. Nothing is certain but we are motivated to do well. Not qualifying for AFCON will be a blessing in disguise as we’ll be motivated to work harder than ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yamaha Musical Equipment

Yamaha Musical Equipment
Yamaha Musical Equipment