Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Serena Williams breaks silence after watching Will Smith Slap Chris Rock

 


American professional tennis player, Serena Williams was stunned after watching


Will Smith slap Chris Rock at Oscars over a joke about his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith


Taking to Instagram Stories, the tennis pro appears to have been left speechless by


the shocking moment that saw the actor crash the stage and physically assault the

Yamaha Service Center in Lagos
Call or whatsApp 07064664848


comedian. In a video seemingly addressing the incident, she could be seen looking at


the camera and then away again with a look of total surprise on her face.


She then followed this up with another video. “I just sat down ‘cus I was like I gotta.

put that drink down” she began before cheers for another Academy Award winner


erupted in the room around her, cutting her off.


After Chris made a joke about his wife’s shaved head following her battle with


alopecia while presenting the award for Best Documentary, Will left his seat in the

Solar Panel, Street Light, Battery
Order for your call 07064664848


audience and slapped him before yelling “keep my wife’s name out your [expletive]


mouth”.


Moments after the incident occurred, Will then picked up the Best Actor Award for


his portrayal of Serena and sister Venus’ father Richard Williams in the biopic, King


Richard


Returning to the stage to accept the honor, Will was apologetic and gave a tearful

acceptance speech in which he began by comparing himself to his King Richard


character, who was a “fierce defender of his family.”


“In this time in my life, in this moment, I am overwhelmed by what God is calling on


me to do and be in this world,” he said. “I’m being called on in my life to love people


and to protect people and to be a river to my people.


“I want to be an ambassador of that kind of love and care and concern. I want to


apologize to the Academy, I want to apologize to all my fellow nominees. This is a


beautiful moment and I’m not crying for winning an award, it’s not about winning an


award for me, it’s about being able to shine a light.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Yamaha Musical Equipment

Yamaha Musical Equipment
Yamaha Musical Equipment